My family is Star Wars crazy. So, it was a given that we will own any and all Star Wars movies the minute that they come out on DVD. Star Wars: The Last Jedi is no exception, so it was a exciting day since Star Wars: The Last Jedi came out on DVD and Blu-ray today.
If you haven’t already been caught up in the hype, here’s what you need to know: The Last Jedi is not what you expect it will be. I mean, yes, it is a visually stunning film that welcomes the return of many original characters like Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Yoda, R2-D2 and C-3PO. And, as you imagine, it gives us another glimpse into the saga’s new members, including Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo Ren.
But, that’s where Star Wars: The Last Jedi turns everything on its head. Director Rian Johnson had a very different vision of the Star Wars journey and his take will either leave you slightly frustrated or massively exhilarated – or both at the same time. His unique interpretation of the Force may or may not be in line with your expectations, but everyone I talked to agreed that in the end they appreciated his take on the franchise. It’s anything but predictable, and The Last Jedi ends up being an epic adventure that helps give insight into the age-old mysteries of the Force while revealing bits of the past that I can’t help but think will go some really fun directions in the next few saga installments. Since I missed quite a few things when the movie was in theaters, I love that I can now rewatch it over and over to catch all the little Easter eggs sprinkled throughout.
About the film:
The film stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, Kelly Marie Tran, Laura Dern with Frank Oz, and Benicio Del Toro.
Bonus features include:
• The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
• Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
• Scene Breakdowns: Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle, Snoke and Mirrors and Showdown on Crait
• Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
• Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
• Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Now families can bring home The Last Jedi digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray, DVD, and via Movies Anywhere because Star Wars The Last Jedi is on DVD and Blu-ray today.