You know what's a big bummer? Opening presents Christmas day and realizing that the amazing toy your kiddo has been waiting for all.year.long needs batteries you don't have on hand. Also a bummer: Realizing that there is absolutely no stores open on Christmas day to go get those batteries. So, here's a mom tip for you: Buy those batteries now, instead of waiting.
Pick up a few packages of Rayovac batteries when you're out Christmas shopping and either put them in the stockings or in the gift packages themselves. It may not be the most exciting thing they receive that morning, but a stocking stuffed with batteries is certainly better then possibly forgetting to pick up any at all and seeing disappointed faces come Christmas morning.
I've got my packages of Rayovac ready to go, but I'm also going to be picking up a few packages over this next week as I cross off my list. And, want to save some money this Christmas? Check out these printable battery coupons that can help you save this holiday season on Rayovac's Facebook page.
Check out the full line of Rayovac products on the Rayovac website and be sure to follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors. Since masks can sometimes obstruct a child’s vision, try non-toxic face paint and makeup whenever possible.
- Have kids use glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision. If kids are mature enough to be out without supervision, remind them to stick to familiar areas that are well lit and trick-or-treat in groups.
- Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. so be especially alert for kids during those hours.
- When selecting a costume make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
– See more at: http://www.safekids.org/halloween#sthash.wUbQai1i.dpufCheck out the full line of Rayovac products on the Rayovac website and be sure to follow them on Facebook and Twitter.