Join the Soda Club
You know that product you just can’t imagine how you got along without but no one seems to have heard about but you? The SodaStream is absolutely that product, and something not nearly enough people know about. SodaStream is the maker of a line of at-home carbonating systems that allow you to make your own soda and seltzer water in just seconds. It’s eco-friendly, it’s delicious, and most of all, it’s by far the most fun I’ve ever had with fizzy water.
When hubby was younger he had family friends that had what he still refers to as “the coolest house ever”. The qualifications for that honor? The movie Tron and their own personal soda maker. We’ve now owned Tron for quite some time, but when our SodaStream Soda Maker arrived on our doorstep, our house finally lived up to his childhood dreams. Hubby was ecstatic, but what was surprising was how much I immediately loved it. I’ve never been a huge fan of soda, so nobody could believe it when I fell so hard for the SodaStream…. or at least they couldn’t until they tried Leanne’s Special Brew for themselves.
The SodaStream Soda Maker is a genius design that requires no batteries, electricity or plumbing and very little counter space. All of their Soda Makers are sleek and slim and come in numerous designs and colors to fit in just about any kitchen or bar. The Soda Makers are sold in packages with the CO2 to make over 100 liters of soda, 2 reusable BPA-free carbonating bottles, and their own hermetically sealed caps to keep all the soda you create fizzy and fresh longer than store-bought soda. Add in some cold tap water and the Soda-Club syrups and you’ve got all you need for months of the best tasting soda you’ve ever had.
The SodaStream instructions are simple: fill carbonating bottle with fresh tap water, connect bottle to the Soda Maker and press carbonating button to fizz to your liking. Once carbonated, you just add syrup and lightly agitate to mix. In seconds you will be enjoying soda that is exactly the way you like it – just the right amount of carbonation and just the right amount of flavor – because you control the amount of both!
Since I wasn’t a huge fan of soda before, we almost never had fizzy beverages when guests popped in unexpectedly or hubby had a craving. When we did have a party or event, we would run to the store and grab a 24 pack or two and then hope we had the right mix of flavors and the perfect number of sodas so we didn’t end up storing a garage full of beverages until the next shindig. The SodaStream solved both of those problems by allowing us to mix soda as we need it in whatever flavor our guests would like. No more last minute trips to the store to stock up or replenish and no soda storage required.
On top of it all, the soda making is a fun activity in itself and something just about anyone can do. And, when everyone leaves, there are no bottles and cans to recycle and no waste, at least none from the beverage table. For those of you having wild and crazy bar nights, you will be happy to note that the SodaStream Soda Maker also makes seltzer, tonic and more that are perfect in mixed drinks. Recipes are even available on their website for all sorts of drinks that are kid-friendly and nightlife approved.
All this variety requires very little storage space in your pantry or cupboard and doesn’t require refrigeration. Each one of the 500ml Soda-Club syrups makes 12 liters or 33 cans of soda and takes up roughly the space of a ketchup or mustard bottle, which means you could pretty much own all 25+ soda flavor mixes in the space that 24 pack took up.
Included in those Soda-Club syrups are a large variety of regular and diet sodas as well as energy drinks and caffeine-free varieties. SodaStream’s regular soda mix contains no high fructose corn syrup and diet flavors contain no aspartame. Even their regular selections contain 2/3 less sugar and calories than the national brands as well as less caffeine. And they are just as delicious, if not more so. Really. I’m pretty much addicted to the Orange Soda Mix and could drink a liter all myself. Luckily for me, it would be a fairly cheap habit, considering that I can make 12 liters for $4.99, or even cheaper if I bought the Soda Mix in bulk.
Below is a chart of how Soda-Club drink mix selection nutritionals compare to store-bought brands.
• Value for Money: Great savings compared to pre-packed carbonated water and beverages.
• Environmentally-Friendly: Soda-Club is an "Active Green" solution that minimizes the huge eco-footprint caused by the manufacture, transport and waste of plastic bottles.
• Convenience: No need to carry heavy bottles from the store. The Soda-Club system is simple to use and requires no batteries or electricity.
• Variety: Soda-Club offers over 60 flavors to suit everyone’s taste. Regular, diet, natural, fruity flavors, ice tea, energy drinks, sport drinks, tonic and many more.
• Space Saver: No need to store bottles of beverages or empty bottles for recycling in your home.
• Personalization: Make drinks just the way you love them… more bubbles, less bubbles, sweeter or lighter, even create your own flavor!
• Family Fun: The system is quick and easy to use. It's fun for everyone and kids just love it!
• Satisfaction Guaranteed: Soda-Club drinks makers are of extremely high quality and include a money-back satisfaction guarantee and Lifetime Warranty to our customers.
For more information on SodaStream / Soda-Club visit the corporate website
Price: $99 and up for Start-Up Kits. SodaStream Soda Makers are available online at http://www.sodastreamusa.com/ as wells as sold in retail stores across the country, click here to find a store near you.
Looks: Unobtrusive and matched with your decor or colorful to make an impact, there's a SodaStream model for any kitchen or bar.
Overall: The best thing to happen to soda since fizzy water.
And now for the Giveaway…
SodaStream was so kind as to offer a Rave and Review reader a Fountain Jet Soda Lover's Start-Up Kit (approx. $100 retail value.) The kit includes the winner's choice of black/silver, white or red/silver Fountain Jet, CO2 to make over 100 liters of soda, 2 reusable carbonating bottles, a sample pack of flavors, and 3 full-sized flavors of the winner's choice. To enter, just visit the SodaStream website and choose your favorite 3 Soda Club flavors that you would love if you won.
And, as always, there are extra entries available!
1) Subscribe to Rave and Review (1 extra entry, must be verified to count)
2) Tweet about this Giveaway (1 entry for every Tweet, just post link here)
3) Blog about this Giveaway (1 extra entry)
4) Place my logo or link in your sidebar on your blog or website (2 extra entries, must have an active link)
6) Share this post on Facebook (1 extra entry)
7) Email love. Share this Giveaway with friends and family via email and cc Leanne@raveandreview.com for two bonus entries (I will never, ever contact your email recipients)
Please leave a comment below for each of the extra entries
On September 24th at 11:59pm PST a winner will be drawn, announced here and notified via email
Thank you to SodaStream for sponsoring this review and giveaway
***Winner Announced!! Winner Announced!!**
Congratulations to Jennifer McLachlan who said: